Our specialist family team understand the stress that this causes both within your family and outside. Family Law requires a sensitive and sensible approach, confrontation and aggression are often counter-productive when dealing with your partner or solicitors.
Which family issues do we advise on?
- Separation - including divorce
- Children - contact (access), residence, special circumstances which require a specific order (for example where a child should go to school), an urgent order perhaps for the return of a child or to find the child’s whereabouts
- Children and social services - We can help from the first moment social services are involved and there is going to be a case conference, or a letter asking you to take advice where the Local Authority are considering care proceedings, or where you have received notice of a hearing. Legal Aid is still available for this irrespective of your means
- Injunctions - The definition of domestic abuse is now very wide. You do not have to be physically beaten to make an application, the abuse can be emotional, financial etc. Each case is different so please contact us for specialist advice. Legal Aid is available for this
- Finances - Arising from living together or being married. Rarely are two cases the same, so please contact us for advice. We give honest and sensible advice. Whether there are few or significant assets we perform a cost benefit analysis with you so that you are better equipped to make a decision upon how much you want to spend to pursue the matter. This is perhaps the most important thing you will do in your case
- Agreements - both for cohabitation and if you are thinking of getting married
Our first meeting (up to thirty minutes) is free. The department is comprised of Joshua Williams, who is a Law Society accredited specialist in Family Law and also a member of the Children Panel, and Catrin Hughes.
We have a service contract with the Legal Aid agency and as a result, where eligible, can offer representation with the benefit of public funding. Legal Aid eligibility is dependent upon limited circumstances. If you are unsure as to your eligibility for Legal Aid, please check the GOV.UK website
Interested in our
Contact us and ask for Joshua Williams or Catrin Hughes to get a quote or to just talk through what we can do for you.