Wills & Probate
Why make a will?
- To make sure that your assets go to the person you want
- To help your family know what arrangements you want for your funeral
- To make specific gifts of money or items of sentimental value e.g. a cherished toy for a grandchild, or a gift of money for a nephew or niece
- To ensure that your estate is administered by people who you know and trust
- To ensure that you direct your assets in a tax efficient way
Leaving a will creates certainty for those you leave behind. We at Gittins McDonald always ensure that your will is right for you.
When will I need to take out probate?
- Not all deaths require probate to be taken out
- If there is property which will need to be sold then you will need probate
- Some Banks and Building Societies will release small sums without probate, larger balances may require probate
- If there is no will - you may need advice on who can and how to apply for probate
- You may wish to contest the will or make a claim against the estate
- You may need to complete Tax Forms - we can help with that
Interested in our Wills
& Probate services?
Contact us and ask for Bharti Gittins or Anna Evans to get a quote or to just talk through what we can do for you.