Wills & Probate
Why make a will?
- To make sure that your assets go to the person you want
- To help your family know what arrangements you want for your funeral
- To make specific gifts of money or items of sentimental value e.g. a cherished toy for a grandchild, or a gift of money for a nephew or niece
- To ensure that your estate is administered by people who you know and trust
- To ensure that you direct your assets in a tax efficient way
Leaving a will creates certainty for those you leave behind. We at Gittins McDonald always ensure that your will is right for you.
When will I need to take out probate?
- Not all deaths require probate to be taken out
- If there is property which will need to be sold then you will need probate
- Some Banks and Building Societies will release small sums without probate, larger balances may require probate
- If there is no will - you may need advice on who can and how to apply for probate
- You may wish to contest the will or make a claim against the estate
- You may need to complete Tax Forms - we can help with that
|Basic Will for one person||£155.00 + VAT|
|Basic Will for two people||£195.00 + VAT|
|Life Interest Will for one person||£195.00 + VAT|
|Life Interest Will for two people||£235.00 + VAT|
|Severance of Joint Tenancy for Life Interest Wills||£45.00 + VAT|
|Codicils||£95.00 + VAT per person|
|Discretionary Trust Wills||£280.00 + VAT per person|
|Deed of Variation||£195.00 + VAT|
Lasting Powers of Attorney
|LPA for Health and Welfare for one person||£350.00 + VAT|
|LPA for Property and Finance for one person||£350.00 + VAT|
|LPA for Property and Finance and Health and Welfare for one person||£395.00 + VAT|
|LPA for either Property and Finance or Health and Welfare for two people (one LPA only)||£395.00 + VAT|
|LPA for Property and Finance and Health and Welfare - couples (doing all)||£425.00 + VAT|
|Office of the Public Guardian fee||£82.00 per LPA|
Fees are dependant on the size of the estate and what you require us to do but start from £500.00 + VAT including disbursements as follows:
|Court fee for probate||£162.50|
|Identity checks||£7.50 per person|
|Bankruptcy searches||£2.00 + VAT per beneficiary|
|HM Land Registry office copies||£6.00 + VAT|
|Post in the London Gazette - protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors||View pricing|
|Post in a local newspaper - protects against unexpected claims from unknown creditors||Prices can be provided (if required) and will vary from paper to paper|
Interested in our Wills
& Probate services?
Contact us and ask for Bharti Gittins or Lucy Hughes to get a quote or to just talk through what we can do for you.